Saturday, June 3, 2017

Creative Inspiration Reveal

Hello Scrappy Friends

Today is Saturday All Sorts at Creative Inspiration forum, and my second last reveal for this amazing site.

I chose to create an Art Journal page, and I hope that you will too!!

I dont Art Journal, I hear you say...why not, I ask!!
You dont have to go and buy an expensive, or special Art Journal - mine is a Visual Art Diary bought from the local $2 shop.  By using this type of journal you do need to be sure to gesso or protect the pages with mod podge or gel medium or stick 2 together for added thickness. 
You also do not need to go out and buy a whole heap of specialty items - all Art Journal spreads can be created with what you have in your stash - paints, inks, mists, sprays, pencils, pens, etc.  You also do not need to rush out and buy stencils - at least not until you become addicted to Art Journalling, lol.  An onion bag, for example, makes a great stencil of sorts.
So my challenge to you is to create an Art Journal page - either in a bought or hand made journal, or even on a sheet of cardstock, of any size.
170603 Sat Allsorts.jpg
I started by taking a Dylusions Old School Alpha Stencil and my Ranger Emboss It Dabber, and placing the stencil roughly in the centre of the page in a diagonal line, dabbed the embossing medium, quite forcibly, through the stencil.  I then took some Gold embossing powder and heat set that.  When cold, I repeated this step, this time using clear embossing powder.  When cold I took some Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust, and sprinkled a small amount of Navy onto the page.  I sprayed with water and moved it and scraped it around with a spatula.  When dry I repeated this process using Lollipop and dried this step as well.  Next came the stencil,  which I used with Colour Blast Colour Paste in Leather.  When that dried, I took another stencil Mini Dots and Dashes from Kaisercraft, and sprayed some Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Deep Water.  I also used this to make some splatters.  Finally I took some more of the colour paste and an old gift card and made vertical and horizonal crossed lines in places on the page.  I added the alphas and bobs your uncle, an Art Journal layout.
Hope you will have a go at this.  There are a lot of videos on Youtube, if you need further inspiration to get started.
Some closeups:
170603 Sat Allsorts closeup a.jpg170603 Sat Allsorts closeup b.jpg170603 Sat Allsorts closeup c.jpg
Okay, off you trot and give it a go, you wont regret it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx